I started my blog because I wanted to push myself to write. I had no clear ideas of what I wanted to write about (still don’t) and the truth is I didn’t really expect anyone would find my blog among the millions of blogs out there.
Amazingly, someone commented on one of my posts within a couple of days and then gradually a few more people came by. Very exciting stuff! I also began to understand that blogging is not an act of writing into a compartmentalized void. By exploring WordPress I discovered a world of inspiring ideas and observations as well as beautiful art and photography.
I was stunned when Ruth from retiredruth – Life in the 50’s and beyond nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award, just over a month after I started my blog! Ruth writes beautifully and I really feel inspired by her words, so her nominating me for this award is something very special to me. Thank you again Ruth.
In order to accept the award and be able to display the logo on my site I need to state seven things about me. So here they are, some random tidbits that may or may not give a little glimpse of what makes me:
- I love trying new things, exploring new places, starting afresh
- I often talk before I think, not generally a good thing
- I am also spontaneous with laughter, occasionally laughing loudly and uncontrollably, about things others don’t find so funny
- I usually have at least one song at any one time playing in my head
- I would live in Italy just as a reason to eat pasta every day!
- I think of myself as an easygoing person but there are a few things that make me snap and lose my cool (topic of a future post!)
- I love staying indoors on a rainy afternoon, watching old movies
I also need to nominate a number of bloggers that I find inspiring. This was the hardest part to do as, on one side, I don’t know many bloggers well yet and, on the other, I keep finding amazing writers, photographers and other talented people that inspire me every day.
I know that not everyone likes awards so I have not nominated bloggers that clearly state they don’t want them. Apologies if I missed this info about someone I nominated, but of course you are free to just ignore the award.
Also some of you have so many awards already, I was hesitant to include you but this is about the people that inspire me so I’m sorry but you are being nominated again!
So after that long intro here are my own nominees for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- 85 Degrees a talented writer and engaging blogger. As I was writing this I found Uzo has just had a short story published! Congrats!
- Rolbos a prolific, fantastic writer that weaves real life with fiction
- The Future is Papier Mache an inspiring and thoughtful photographer and writer. Check out his street portraits
- Where is my backpack a passionate traveler with a great weekly Travel Photo Challenge
- The numpty novice with a camera and a laptop a gifted photographer that finds her inspiration close to home
- The Baking Barrister chronicles the adventures and experiences of an American barrister building a home in Greece with her baker husband
- A Nomad in the Land of Nizwa the inspiring travel adventures and thoughts of an American English teacher in Oman
- Living La Vida London articulate and witty student on a show string sharing her experiences on life in London
- The Green Study intelligent, outspoken, talented writer
- Hope* the happy hugger caring and creative writer as well as a very engaging blogger
If you choose to accept the award these are the Rules:
- Display the award logo
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them